2020 Black & White Smartphone Entry Info
Submissions accepted from 04/20/20 to 08/31/20
The smartphone has revolutionized and popularized the art of taking photographic images, but not everybody can capture a scene worthy of the subject matter. We encourage you to record your favorite subjects with your smartphone and submit them for our new contest.
The winners will have their images featured in a new 160-page issue of Black & White devoted exclusively to contest winners. This special issue will be added to all subscriptions at no extra charge. We can accept only one entry per person with no more than ten photos per entry. Your entry must arrive by June 30 to be included.
- ELIGIBILITY: All photographers are eligible except employees and contract workers of Ross Periodicals.
PREPARING YOUR IMAGES: If at all possible, save images at least 5 inches wide 300 dpi, grayscale, and at the highest quality jpeg files only. If you cannot, simply send the images the size you shoot them.
Please name each digital image file exactly as shown: Title of image, Location, Year of capture. Example: The Rose, New York City, NY, 2019 or International: Eiffel Tower, Paris, France, 2019
- SENDING ENTRY VIA EMAIL: In the body of your email include: Smart Phone Contest, artist name, email address, website, physical mailing address, and phone number. Attach no more than 10 images. Send to email@example.com.
- PHOTO RELEASES must be available and furnished upon request. Please forward questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 805.270.3312
- COPYRIGHTS AND THE WEBSITE GALLERY: By entering this contest you give permission for Black & White to print your images in our magazine or on our website. NOTIFY US IN WRITING if you do not want your images placed in the gallery.
- NOTIFICATION: When judging is completed, you will receive an email communication of the results.